- The number of downloads.
- The number of dependent projects.
- Number of GitHub stars
Please note that this list is about libraries and not about frameworks. Also, I am listing libraries across the whole stack: Front-end and Back-end.
- Common functions to iterate arrays, objects, and strings.
- Manipulate and test numbers and values.
- Create composite functions.
- Advanced functional programming features.
npm i --save lodash
- Supports 256 colors and True Colors.
- Auto-detects color support.
- It is clean and focused.
- It can nest styles.
npm i --save chalk
- It is a Component-based library for the View layer.
- It supports one-way data binding.
- It offers the functional programming paradigm in Front-end development.
- It can be used to develop User Interface for Web, Desktop, Mobile.
With 157k stars, it is one of the most starred GitHub projects in the entire software development industry:
npm i --save react
- Offers a decorated version of console.error.
- Assign a different color to a different namespace.
- Supports many standard formatter.
- The debugger is extendable.
With 76 million weekly downloads and 36.5k dependent packages, debug is the most downloaded library in this list:
npm i --save debug
- Advanced Command Line options.
- Fluent API.
- Automated and custom help.
- Custom event listener.
- Asynchronous support.
With 46 million weekly downloads and approx. 47k dependent packages, commander is one of the most popular Node.js libraries:
With 18.9k stars, it is also one of the most popular Node.js libraries in GitHub:
npm i --save commander
- It supports streaming and Async/Await.
- HTTP Authentication.
- Custom HTTP headers.
- OAuth Signing.
- TLS/SSL protocol support.
npm i --save request
- Asynchronous collection functions.
- Asynchronous control flow.
- Asynchronous Utilities.
- Support both Node.js and Browser.
npm i --save async
- It offers middleware, routing, template.
- It supports content negotiation.
- Very fast and high performant.
- It has HTTP helpers for redirection, caching.
With 50.5k stars, it is the second most popular GitHub library in this list:
npm i --save express
- parse date and time.
- validate the date and time.
- format date and time
- manipulate date and time.
With 45k stars, it is the fourth most popular GitHub library in this list:
npm i --save moment
- Advanced and additional file system methods.
- Prevents EMFILE error.
- Drop-in replacement for fs.
- Make including mkdirp, rimraf, ncp packages redundant.
- Support Sync, Async, and Async/Await.
npm i --save fs-extra